Therapeutic Practices for now and for the long-term
Join Annie for 3 full days to move your practice, and your teaching skills, to the next level. Focusing on one area of the body each day, we’ll bring both strength and subtlety to our practice, via awareness and intention. Each and every pose can be seen and felt as a means for measuring our current capacity with an eye towards true sustainability, and preventing over-working, over-stretching and/or injury. We will look at common imbalances and injuries and learn ways to support and return to our balance and strength. We will learn how to awaken our internal sense of well-being and longevity, surrendering ego to presence. You’ll explore and balance the differences between flexibility and mobility and strength and stability through the body.
Expect strong, clear and balanced practices, as well as anatomy, propping, hands-on assists and sequencing skills so we all can practice Yoga for a very long time!
Each day: 10-12 and 1-4:30
Day 1: Grounding
Hips, Sacrum, knees and feet
- Follow the chain from the earth up into the Hips, and back down.
- Examine typical ingrained habits due to sitting and lack of movement through space.
- Learn and teach actions that bring congruency to all the joints of the lower body.
Day 2: Connecting
Neck and shoulders, arms and hands
- Understand the full range of motion of the Shoulder Girdle.
- Learn to balance asymmetries in both muscles and joints.
- Stabilize neck and ribs as mobility increases in the shoulder girdle, arms and hands.
Day 3: Align and Flourish
Spine and posture
- Revisit the inherent Curves of the Spine and its many variations, in all Planes
- Assess and create prescriptions for common spinal imbalances
- Evaluate obstacles and create actions for optimal full-body motion, breath and energetic flow.
In addition to the 3-day Workshop Annie is offering a 4 hour Psoas Health: Power and Peace Workshop, on May 11th. This workshop can be booked separately or in additional to the 3 day days of yoga therapeutics.
Get to know your teacher: Annie Carpenter
Annie Carpenter, creator of SmartFLOW Yoga, is an international Yoga teacher based in Northern California. Known as a “teacher’s teacher” she has created a well-respected system of Yoga practice and Teaching methodology. Annie’s playful personality and focused intelligence brings depth, clarity and exuberance to her classes. A committed student of Yoga for over 40 years now, Annie continues to bring her passion and curiosity, love of anatomy, evolutionary movement, meditation and classical philosophy into her teachings. Annie is the author of SmartFLOW Yoga, a complete set of practice DVDs produced by Udaya, and Yoga for Total Back Care, a DVD produced by Yoga Journal, and several SmartFLOW manuals. She contributes regularly to Yoga Journal. An influential Teacher Trainer since 2003, Annie leads 200/500 trainings and workshops globally, and at Glo.com.
Annie’s SmartFLOW Yoga is a modern approach with an anatomically sound foundation and inspired, creative sequencing. Annie’s method is rooted in deep respect and years of practice in the lineages of Integral, Iyengar and Astanga Yoga. Annie is committed to inquiry and mindfulness, which inevitably leads to spiritual development and light-heartedness. SmartFLOW Yoga guides you to know your true Self. With the knowledge of the true Self comes compassion, peace and appreciation for all life. www.anniecarpenter.com
This continuing education module is for suitable for yoga practitioners, as well as yoga teachers.
€ 480 Regular Price 3 full workshop days
€ 450 Early Bird 3 full workshop days until March 15th 2023
€ 170 One Workshop day
€ 850 Package Price*
* Prior to coming to Vienna, Annie will teach a 3 day Workshop in Munich at Kale & Cake. If you want to visit Annies workshop in Vienna and in Munich you can purchase the package price for 850 Euros.